Sustomi was founded in 2016 with the vision of replacing single use plastics in our homes. 2 years later, we have grown to supply retail stores Australia wide, and have saved over 3 million pieces of plastic from use! (Google ‘Sustomi beeswax wraps’ to find out more about us) As the demand for our product grows, so must our production. We need someone who is self-motivated, willing and capable of growing with us.
The Sustomi team consists of a handful of young women and we are looking for another ambitious lady or man to join our dedicated, conscious, energetic team.
- Assist with the production of our stock, from raw ingredients to finished product.
- Assist with the production of beeswax food wraps in a safe, efficient manner. This involves working with beeswax, textiles and other ingredients, plus handling and using some heating equipment, cutting tools, and occasionally handheld power tools.
- Packaging products
- Other general production tasks associated with preparing stock for sale.
- Reporting to the manufacturing Supervisor/Manager and working closely within our team, with potential to grow with the business.
- Working toward KPI’s
- Other general admin tasks and assistance to the team when required.
About you (criteria):
- Physically capable to lift weights of up to 25 kg and prepared to stand for long periods of time
- Have attention to detail and the ability to use initiative
- Ability to work within a team to constantly improve production processes and systems (understanding of lean manufacturing principles are a bonus)
- Ability to work independently, both supervised and unsupervised.
- Must be driven to work towards KPI’s (key performance indicators). You will be given targets to work towards each shift.
- Ability to comply with OHS requirements
- Must be willing to work for a modern, feminine brand and be a part of our culture
- Will have a keen interest in food, good music and no doubt an eco-warrior.
Sustomi needs people who use initiative, flourish when given flexibility to solve own problems, and naturally find efficient processes and solutions. Experience with manual work will be highly regarded, as will an eco-conscious culture fit.
- Availability: The hours available are quite flexible. Shifts may range from 4-9 hours and we can work around schedules for the right applicant.
- Hours: 1-5 days per week.
- Location: You’ll be working from our studio in Hobart CBD.
- Start date: week of 22nd of October
Please apply with a cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and how you will be an attribute to the Sustomi team (1 page maximum), along with your resume. Send your application to Bronwyn, via email@example.com with the phrase ‘Sustoming for our earth’ in the email subject line. We will only consider applications that are addressed correctly and contain the correct information.
Applications close Friday the 12th of October.