Sustomi was founded in 2016 with the vision of replacing single use plastics in our homes. 18 months later, we have grown to supply retail stores Australia wide, moved to our studio in Hobart CBD, and have saved over 1 million metres of plastic from use! (Google ‘Sustomi beeswax wraps’ to find out more about us). As the demand for our product grows, so must our manufacturing. We need someone who is willing and capable of growing with us.
The Sustomi team consists of 4 young women, looking for a 5th (not necessarily female) to join our dedicated, conscious, energetic team. We’re all working part-time and casually – we believe in work life balance!
- Managing the production processes of beeswax food wraps, from the raw materials, to finished, packaged product.
- You’ll be reporting to the Director, and be responsible for 1 production assistant
- Being hands on in the production of the beeswax food wraps
- Supervising assistant production staff
- Other tasks as required by the Sustomi team
- Start: Monday 4th September
- Part time: 10-25 hours per week, varying hours
- Location: HOBART CBD, Sustomi studio.
- 3 years experience in supervising manufacturing/production – we need an expert!
- Must be capable of working solo and able to supervise an assistant.
- Production and operations qualification is highly desirable, but not essential
- Must be familiar with the Lean manufacturing process
- You’ll be working with heating equipment, hot beeswax, in a safe manner and must comply with OHS requirements
- Must be willing to work for a modern, feminine brand
Sustomi needs people who use initiative, flourish when given flexibility to solve your own problems, and naturally find efficient processes and solutions.
We WILL ONLY OPEN APPLICATIONS THAT ADDRESS THE FOLLOWING:
- Send an email addressed to Bronwyn, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- A cover letter that tells us about yourself and answers the questions ‘what can you bring to Sustomi?’ (max 1 page)
- Your resume
- Make the subject of the email an interesting fact about yourself. E.g. ‘Production Manager. Loves making vegan brownies and doing yoga.’
You may call Bronwyn on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday (27th-29th) between 9 and 5 to ask any questions about the position.
Applications close on the 30th of August, interviews conducted Thursday the 31st.