A huge percentage of you who have spoken to me about my reusable food wraps have mentioned how you strongly dislike the guilt that comes with using plastic wrap to hold your sandwiches together each day. Do not fear – you no longer need to feel guilty. Cut out glad wrap and disposable wrapping by wrapping sandwiches in a reusable beeswax food wrap.
Here is how to wrap your sandwich best to ensure it stays together as a sandwich in your lunch box. A large wrap seems to be a great size for a solid, full sandwich.
1. Prepare your sandwich!
2. Place your sandwich in the middle of the wrap.
3. Take 2 edges and meet them at the top, in the middle of the sandwich. Fold over the edge with approximately a 0.5cm fold. Make sure you fold both edges together! Continue to fold the edge over until your sandwich is snug within the wrap. Really press with your warm fingers to make sure the fold will hold its shape.
4. Flatten the 2 open edges.
5. Fold in the corners of the open ends.
6. Fold the 2 open remaining edges, again with approximately 0.5cm fold.
7. Double check the seams by squeezing/pinching/pressing them. Within a few seconds your sandwich will be snug and secure as the wax hardens once again. All going well, your sandwich should remain together for a few hours to come (or whenever you give in and eat it!).
Medium wraps are great for smaller, kids size sandwiches while large wraps are prefect for larger, fuller sandwiches.
Keep your food fresh with a reusable food wrap and a dish combination! One of the most popular uses for reusable food wrap is as a dish cover. It works just like plastic wrap would, however this method is optimal as it is sustainable! No guilt from throwing away...
reusable food wrap is great for keeping snacks! Sometimes when we are out and about we just need a little bit of an energy boost. Keep a handful of nuts, dried fruit, veggie sticks, or whichever snack you fancy with you at all times with this on-the-go snack pouch. It...
Cheeses are one of those difficult items to keep without ending up with dry edges. Using a reusable food wrap takes out the need for plastic or other disposable packaging and makes your cheese look fabulous! The malleability of the wraps makes them perfect for all...