National Marketing Manager
SUSTOMi was founded with the intention of helping people get their lives freshly sorted. We’re all about getting your food and home storage needs covered in a low waste way. All of our products are carefully designed and refined to keep in alignment with our values – to make it easy for customers to get organised and reduce waste – and do so with a touch of style!
Our collection has grown from the increasingly popular beeswax food wraps to produce bags, metal straws and other reusable goods that keep food fresh and replace single-use plastics in the kitchen and lunch box.
Based in Hobart, we manufacture our own beeswax wraps with the help of our small team. Over the past 2 years of business, our products have been sold in stores across Australia and a handful internationally. We believe we have not yet reached our full potential and are looking for a superstar marketing and communications manager to elevate our brand and grow online sales potential.
- Employment type: open for discussion (casual, part time, freelance)
- hours: ranging from 10-30 per week
- location: Melbourne or Hobart
- Pay: $30-$40 per hour, $60K-$80K FTE
About the position:
We need a superstar communications and marketing person to help lift our business to the next level.
You will be developing strategies for marketing, forging and managing partnerships with other businesses and influencers, running events, growing our mailing list, creating on-brand content and all marketing materials for our purpose driven lifestyle brand. This is a newly created position that comes with the opportunity for innovation.
- Create and implement a marketing and comms strategy to help us grow online sales
- create, nurture and manage strategic partnerships and influencers
- Organise events such as community nurturing events, workshops, etc.
- Coordinate and create our written and visual communications, including content for all customer facing and internal comms,
- Take campaigns from idea through to execution and evaluation
- Work with in a very limited budget
- Project manage with the assistance of a small team
- Report on marketing performance and strive for targets
You are a good fit for the job if you thrive on being an intrapreneur, you’re strong in project management (going from your idea, to execution to evaluation), amazing with words and love communicating in written form and verbally. You love coming up with new ideas, new ways of solving problems, and creating new opportunities through collaboration.
You love bringing people together and managing events comes naturally to you. You are switched-on, like to move quickly and are aware of the latest trends in the zero-waste, home-life, design and social media spaces. You are driven to grow yourself as a person and reach your full potential.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- A bachelor degree preferably in marketing or communications
- 3 years relevant work experience
- experience within homewares/lifestyle retail, ecommerce or product marketing will be highly regarded
Your application must include a cover letter explaining your relevant experience and answering why you are the perfect candidate for the role, as well as your CV.
Please send through your applications via email to jobs(at)sustomi.com.au, addressing our director, Bronwyn. We will not review applications submitted through the job board. In the subject line, please say 3 words that best describe you, e.g. “driven, eco-warrior, laughter”. You may call us if you have any questions (number on website).
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Casual, Subcontract
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Marketing Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor Degree (Preferred)
- No work eligibility is required, I am willing to sponsor the right candidate (e.g. visa) (Preferred)