Why SUSTOMi exists?
We are here for your health and the earth – to help people live happier and healthier lives by moving towards a zero-waste lifestyle. We are here for the fabulous Mum’s, guys, gals and leaders of our eco-conscious future. Good-looking reusables replace single-use plastics. SUSTOMi’s stylish, easy to use, intentional products inspire change – to move towards a zero-waste future.
“The idea for SUSTOMi grew after I travelled and saw how sheltered we are in Australia from the waste we produce and what effect it has on our health and earth.” – Bronwyn, Founder.
Moving towards sustainability can have improvements in life in more ways than you can imagine. With the SUSTOMi you will:
- Eat better foods
- Make better consumer decisions, support what matters
- Save money
- Significantly reduce your plastic usage!
Our story so far:
In 2016, our founder Bronwyn started creating beeswax wraps from her Dad’s kitchen in Launceston Tasmania. Since then, the SUSTOMi team has grown to a wonderful team of 7 young women, determined to make a difference in the world. The team are constantly innovating and bringing to life a growing, inspiring collection of Zero Waste goodies.
It’s been a chock-a-block few years so far
- Month 8: Ecokidd was rebranded to be SUSTOMi, as we know and love today.
- Month 12: SUSTOMi relocated to Hobart where the team grew
- Month 18: SUSTOMi ventured off-shore and got first international stockist
- Year 2: SUSTOMi saved an estimated more than 10 million pieces of plastic!
- Year 2.5: we moved to our new, bigger premises on Murray Street.
SUSTOMi is a stylish, modern, no-nonsense way of tackling a massive issue.
“We want no-nonsense and transparency. All of our products are carefully designed and refined to keep in alignment with our values – to provide customers Zero Waste goods with good intention.” – Bronwyn, Founder.
All SUSTOMi products are:
- 100% reusable for decades, or 100%biodegradable
- Replace a single-use plastic item
- Do no harm to health
- Promote a lifestyle of healthy eating