Cheeses are one of those difficult items to keep without ending up with dry edges. Using a reusable food wrap takes out the need for plastic or other disposable packaging and makes your cheese look fabulous! The malleability of the wraps makes them perfect for all cheese shapes and sizes.
For your normal specialty cheese block of approximately 500g or less, use a small reusable food wrap. When all your cheese is consumed, simply wipe the wrap clean with a damp cloth. Once the wrap is dry you can fold it up and conveniently store it flat, ready for next time.
Tip: Keep your wrap in your reusable shopping bags ready to place your cheese directly into the wrap at the deli! A good, local delicatessen may gladly reduce their disposable packaging usage and use your funky reusable wrap instead.
To wrap your cheese (round shape) with a reusable food wrap.
1. Lay your cheese in the centre of the wrap
2. Fold 1 corner of the over the cheese, toward the centre. Run your finger along the seam gently.
3. Press the seam down at the edge of the cheese. From this point, fold the folded edge towards the centre of the block. Gently press the newly formed seam down.
4. Press the seam down at the edge of the cheese. From this point, fold the folded edge towards the centre of the block.
5. Repeat this process until all the edges are folded over the cheese.
6. You may gently use your hands to press the edges by holding the cheese in the palm of your hands. This will help it to hold its shape and tidy up any bulky corners.
7. Store your cheese until needed.
Tip: Make sure you store the cheese with the folded edges facing down to prevent it from sneakily opening.
Nelson Natruals Activated Charcoal Toothpaste – Peppermint 60ml$22.95
Crush and Brush Tooth Paste Tabets – Peppermint 75 tablets$22.95
Crush and Brush Tooth Paste Tabets – Mint Charoal 75 tablets$22.95
Organic Cotton Tote Bag$26.95
Produce Bags – Recycled Mesh 3-pack$20.95
Hydro Flask 946ml 32oz – black$64.95