A huge percentage of you who have spoken to me about my reusable food wraps have mentioned how you strongly dislike the guilt that comes with using plastic wrap to hold your sandwiches together each day. Do not fear – you no longer need to feel guilty. Cut out glad wrap and disposable wrapping by wrapping sandwiches in a reusable beeswax food wrap.
Here is how to wrap your sandwich best to ensure it stays together as a sandwich in your lunch box. A large wrap seems to be a great size for a solid, full sandwich.
1. Prepare your sandwich!
2. Place your sandwich in the middle of the wrap.
3. Take 2 edges and meet them at the top, in the middle of the sandwich. Fold over the edge with approximately a 0.5cm fold. Make sure you fold both edges together! Continue to fold the edge over until your sandwich is snug within the wrap. Really press with your warm fingers to make sure the fold will hold its shape.
4. Flatten the 2 open edges.
5. Fold in the corners of the open ends.
6. Fold the 2 open remaining edges, again with approximately 0.5cm fold.
7. Double check the seams by squeezing/pinching/pressing them. Within a few seconds your sandwich will be snug and secure as the wax hardens once again. All going well, your sandwich should remain together for a few hours to come (or whenever you give in and eat it!).
Medium wraps are great for smaller, kids size sandwiches while large wraps are prefect for larger, fuller sandwiches.
It’s officially gift-wrapping season! One of the best parts about the holidays is wrapping gifts for loved ones. But if you’ve ever had to fill a bin with wrapping paper and ribbon, you know how much waste is involved! In Australia alone, we use (and throw out) over...
Sustainable alternatives to a bread box.
Keep your bread fresh, family happy and all without waste!
Get the most out of your avocados. Salads, on toast, for vegan delights or just as a delicious snack, Avos are a go-to fruit (yes… fruit)!
Alps Water Filter – bench top – 12 Litre$449.95
Amor Luminus Adonis Shampoo & Shaving$20.00
Amor Luminus Lily Shampoo$20.00
Amor Luminus Lola Conditioner$24.00
Amor Luminus Magenta Bloom Conditioner$24.00
Amor Luminus Oceane Shampoo – normal soft and silky – baby$20.00
Amor Luminus Pearl Shampoo – anti-dandruff$22.00
Amor Luminus Purple Conditioner$28.00
Amor Luminus Purple Shampoo – normal hair – Kids$28.00
Amor Luminus Soraya Shampoo$28.00
Amor Luminus Sucre D’Orge Shampoo & bodywash for kids$20.00
Amor Luminus Talia Conditioner$24.00