About our company and the position
Sustomi was founded in 2016 with the intention of helping people move towards a Zero Waste life. We believe that through practical, intentional products and through leading by example, we have the power to make a real difference. We strive for no-nonsense and transparency. All of our products are carefully designed and refined to keep in alignment with our values – to provide customers stylish, Zero Waste goods with a conscience.
Our collection has grown from the increasingly-popular beeswax food wraps to produce bags, metal straws and other reusable goods that replace single-use plastics in the kitchen and lunch box.
Based in Hobart, we manufacture our own beeswax wraps with the help of our team of 7.Over the past 2 years of business, our products have been sold in well over 100stores across Australia and a handful internationally. We believe we have not yet reached our full potential and are looking for a superstar production manager and operations coordinator who is self-motivated and ready to be a leader for our Zero Waste future and to grow with us.
Our production coordinator plays an integral role in keeping the shelves stocked as we grow. As a small business, the role is quite varied – a day may consist of supervising the wonderful production team in our Hobart workshop, ordering/stocking up supplies, liaising with suppliers, developing systems, enjoying the mindfulness of repetitive tasks, working on unique projects and most importantly appreciating good food, music and chats with the team!
- Casual/part-time, 2-5 days a week with the potential to grow to full time
- Location: Hobart CBD, Tasmania
- Start date: 31st of January, 2019
- Availability across the working week (9:00-5:30)
- Management or operations experience
- Eagerness to learn
- A bachelor degree is preferred
- Managing stock and inventory
- Coordinating a small team
- Production of products
- Management duties: reporting, rostering, OH&S compliance,
- Implementing and continually improving systems
- Reducing waste in our production processes
- reporting: Preparing weekly reports to management and work towards KPI’s
- loyal to the Sustomi brand and genuinely open to be an ambassador of the Zero Waste Life
- Thrive when implementing systems and organising things
- Self-motivated to innovate, think laterally and work towards goals
- Pay great attention to detail in work and communication
- Able to manage own workload
- You may not have years of production or management work under your belt but are super keen to grow and kick-start a meaningful career
How to apply:
Please send through a cover letter, summarising why you are the best Production and Operations Coordinator for Sustomi as well as your resume to jobs (at) sustomi.com.au.We will only acknowledge applications with the subject line “Production Coordinator” and that are addressed to our director, Bronwyn.
0479150002 is our number, if you have any questions.