Cheeses are one of those difficult kitchen items to keep fresh without dry edges. Using a reusable and sustainable Beeswax Wrap takes out the need for plastic or other disposable packaging and makes your cheese look fabulous! The malleability of the beeswax food wraps makes them perfect for all cheese shapes and sizes.
For your normal specialty cheese block of approximately 500g or less, use a small reusable Beeswax Wrap. When all your cheese is consumed, simply wipe the wrap clean with a damp cloth. Once the wrap is dry you can fold it up and conveniently store it flat, ready for next time.
Tip: Keep your wrap in your reusable plastic-free shopping bags ready to place your cheese directly into the wrap at the deli! A good, local delicatessen may gladly reduce their disposable packaging usage and use your funky reusable food wrap instead.
HOW TO WRAP YOUR ROUND CHEESE WITH A REUSABLE FOOD WRAP
- Lay your cheese in the centre of the Beeswax Wrap
- Fold 1 corner of the wrap over the cheese, toward the centre. Run your finger along the seam gently.
- Press the seam down at the edge of the cheese. From this point, fold the folded edge towards the centre of the block. Gently press the newly formed seam down.
- Press the seam down at the edge of the cheese. From this point, fold the folded edge towards the centre of the block.
- Repeat this process until all the edges are folded over the cheese.
- You may gently use your hands to press the edges by holding the cheese in the palm of your hands. This will help it to hold its shape and tidy up any bulky corners.
- Store your cheese until needed.
Tip: Make sure you store the cheese with the folded edges facing down to prevent it from sneakily opening.